1. In case you missed my little announcement yesterday, our little family of 4 (3 humans + 1 furbaby) is expanding to a family of 5! My expected due date is March 23 so I’ll have two children less than 22 months apart. Are we crazy? Yes. And for those that aren’t FB friends with me, here’s how I let the FB world in on our news last night.
More posts on this topic are coming but for various reasons, I don’t want this blog to become nothing but pregnancy talk so we’re moving on!
2. After a crazy heat wave these last few weeks, we’re getting a nice break with highs around 75 for a couple of days. I plan to take advantage of this by being outdoors as much as possible this weekend. And if all works out, we’ll be heading to Eckert’s (one of those pick-your-own apple farms) for their Apple Festival. The hubs and I usually go there every year since it’s just one of those staple activities for fall and I can’t wait to continue the tradition with D. It’s such an awesome place for little kids, so I hope he enjoys it. I also have plans to make a delicious apple pie – something I haven’t done in years. How very Betty Crocker of me, I know.
3. We had a fundraiser trivia event at work. Each department (of maybe 12?) was represented by teams of two. I should also probably note that we have about 400 employees at my company. About an hour before the event, one of the team members from my department had to bail for a client call, so I volunteered to take his spot. The organizers were a little weird about the last minute change when I showed up, but it was no big deal, so I sat down with my teammate and we did the best we could. Round 3 was a visual round of “People and Places”. For “People” they’d show just their eyes and you had to guess who it was. The first one was Ryan Gosling. The second was Javier Bardem. Both of which we guessed correctly. The third one was female and looked a little….like me! But knowing the first two had been celebrities, and knowing that none of the organizers knew I would be on a team or even be at the event, well, that would just seem ridiculous. So we used a Mulligan for it. The next one was Kate Middleton (which we didn’t guess correctly – I think we were both still stunned by my eye-twin) and the last one was our CEO. After we turned in all of our answers it was time to read the results. Ryan Gosling (check!), Javier Bardem (check), and then….Liz S! And my giant face took over the screen. I was a freakin’ trivia answer. I couldn’t believe it. I was equal parts flattered and confused for the rest of the day.
4. Have ya’ll heard of the awesomeness that is Drunk History? It’s a series on Comedy Central though I never know when it’s on so I watch it On Demand when I can. It’s a hilarious historical reenactment show, often featuring some recognizable celebs (Owen Wilson, Winona Ryder, etc.), and narrated by someone or multiple someones who are clearly very, very drunk. Check out this 3 minute clip about the story of Billy the Kid. My favorite part: “You’re an asshole. Boom, boom, boom.” Should I mention this show isn’t really kid-appropriate?
5. My husband’s birthday is coming up at the end of the month and I have no clue what to get him. HELP! What’s the best gift you ever gave to your spouse? Looking for more “creative” ideas than “expensive” ideas. :)