1. Thanks for the comments/tweets/emails re: budgeting advice. As I was freaking out about finances, I realized I had made plans with one of my besties to go get manis/pedis. It’s not something we do often, but it’s sort of our go-to idea for a girl’s night out. Of course, that little hour of activity usually costs me about $50, so I asked if we could do something else instead and we now have plans for a crafting night using mostly stuff both of us already have. So much cheaper and so much more FUN! I’m excited!
Some of the quick and easy crafts on our agenda:
I have a bunch of plain white mugs that are just taking up space in our cabinet. Can’t wait to jazz them up and possibly use them for gifts for the holidays.
I have a collection of old wine corks just collecting dust in my kitchen. It’s time I put them to good, crafty use. Perhaps something like this cute wreath?
And how cute is this little wrapping paper tree? So easy to make and will look so cute on a shelf or table.
(All images/links found on Pinterest. Click image to access link.)
2. If the above craft ideas weren’t already an indication, I’m entering holiday mode. I know, I know, it’s TOO EARLY but I just can’t help myself. Due to a bunch of upcoming travel before the end of the year, I know I won’t get to relax and enjoy the holidays like I want to, so I’m getting a head start on a few things now.
3. The rest of the weekend will be spent rooting for our home team in the World Series! Fingers crossed for 3 more WINS!
4. It’s the last weekend of October and I’m DETERMINED to do something fall/Halloween-ish. We could check out Boo at the Zoo. Or maybe just go for a pretty fall drive along the river or out near the wineries. We’ve gone apple picking, but haven’t been to a pumpkin patch, although I have enough leftover pumpkins from our party last weekend to create our own!
5. Speaking of leftover pumpkins, I made sure to buy “pumpkin pie pumpkins” so that people could take their decorated pumpkin home and make delicious fall treats. Since I have a few leftover, I’m thinking I need to make something myself. Maybe mini pumpkin pie bites?
Or how about pumpkin pie cake?
Or how about delicious pumpkin scones for breakfast?
I just can’t decide! But one thing’s for sure – my kitchen is going to smell FANTASTIC this weekend.