It’s Saturday, which means the holiday weekend is already half over.
Some notes about the last two days:
- The new table was a splendid success. All 8 of us easily fit together and though it seemed like it only took us 15 minutes to clear our plates, it was worth it.
- Thanksgiving dinner is MUCH easier when two people split the work. My mom and I did just about everything, except carve the ham and turkey which was my husband’s job as “man of the house.”
- Xmas is less than a month away, which means it’s okay to hang lights and decorate the yard on Thanksgiving day, like we did, but it is still not okay to have Xmas stuff up two days before Thanksgiving, like our neighbors up the street did.
- My mom and I spent hours scouring the ads for some “worth it” black Friday deals. We were disappointed, but also relieved that we didn’t have to get up at 4 a.m. and instead went out at 9 a.m. I still bought everything I wanted (gifts for the hubs) and made it back in time for lunch with the boys (hubs and step-dad).
- We realized that Blu-Ray isn’t worth it. I asked my cousin to bring his PS3 to our house so we could see what a Blu-Ray disc looks like on our 1080p HDTV. The picture quality improvement isn’t worth the $200-$400. Instead, we bought new audio/video cables for enhanced DVD quality. Maybe when the price drops to say, $100, we’ll consider it again. I’m also still debating ordering U-verse so I can take advantage of HD channels and total home DVR.
- My dog is spoiled, and it’s not my doing. Beware of excess treats when your parents start using the term “grand-dog” or “grand-pup”.
- This family goes through a lot of wine around the holidays. And only three of us drink.
- Today will be filled with more family togetherness as I make the rounds with my mom to visit her high school BFF and my great-grandma before helping my grandparents put up their tree. That last part wouldn’t be so bad if the tree wasn’t as old as me, but much moldier.
Have a wonderful and relaxing rest of the weekend!