Here’s how I expect the next 48 hours to go…
- Drive 2.5 hours to southern IL
- Pick up grandma and father
- Drive. 2.5 hours back to STL
- Take grandma and father to funeral home
- Visit with aunts and cousins for about 45 minutes. Hand grandma tissues.
- Feel like an asshole for not crying or feeling sad that my grandpa passed away (No, not THAT grandpa, but my father’s father, whom I haven’t seen in probably 10 years.)
- Drive to visit my other grandparents and my mom (she’s in town but the aforementioned activities sort of changed our original plans to hang out Friday evening.)
- Drive 40 minutes home
- Wake up at 8am. On a Saturday. Oh how I loathe getting up early on Saturday.
- Put up with cranky husband who hates getting up early on a Saturday twice as much as I do.
- Drive 40 minutes
- Go to funeral
- Go to burial
- Drive 2.5 hours to take grandma and father back to Southern IL
- Drive 2.5 hours back
- Have a glass of wine (or six) and go to bed
If anyone would like to swap places with me until Sunday, I’m taking offers.