Post written Nov. 14.
Yesterday we went to Babies R Us, just to look around and get some general ideas on pricing of key baby items.
Here’s what we learned:
- Babies are expensive. But their stuff is even more expensive.
- Girls = pink everything and boys = blue everything. And gender neutral = green/yellow. I’m not a fan of these limited design choices.
- Breast pumps are scary looking.
- My husband and I have similar taste when it comes to furniture. This is good.
- The lower the rocking chair, the harder it is to get out of it. Especially with a baby (or pretend baby, such as your purse) in your arms.
- High chairs, strollers, car seats, pack and plays, play seats, etc. are overwhelming. Why can’t someone just tell me which is the safest and easiest to use? Instead I’m going to have to research all of these things. Do not like.
I didn’t have the patience to start my registry that day, but I need to before the holidays hit just in case some gracious friends and family members want to buy us baby items for Xmas.