This year marks my very first REAL Mother’s Day. Last year, my hubs took pity on me and surprised me with presents and a fabulous day, but I didn’t really feel like I had deserved it yet.
This year? I earned my Hallmark card, dammit. Particularly these last few weeks when we’ve been fighting terrible sleep issues.
But instead of the typical flowers, jewelry, and a day of no cooking, I have a few different things on my wishlist.
1. A mama’s boy of a son who is not such a mama’s boy at bedtime. (I think our current sleep issues are stemming from separation anxiety. I love the cuddles and the desire to be held but I need my sleep!)
2. A clean and de-cluttered house, that magically got that way through no elbow grease of my own.
3. A full body massage, facial, mani/pedi, and personal stylist to pick out my clothes, do my makeup, and fix my hair.
4. A coffee mug of endless lattes and a champagne glass of endless mimosas.
5. An amazing brunch somewhere without the need for reservations or an hour wait or the need to take eleventy million things with us to keep the baby entertained.
6. A steak dinner and a night at the movie theater, indulging in a giant Icee and a big bag of Reese’s Pieces. And maybe staring at Ryan Reynolds for a couple of hours.
7. Gorgeous family photos in which I look 20lbs skinnier.
8. Birthday cake. Even though it’s not my birthday (yet) and no calories in that cake, please.
9. Someone to go through and edit, organize, backup and print all of my photos from the last year (or the last 7 years).
10. A body like Sophia Vergara.
What’s on your Mother’s Day wishlist?