1. My office closes at 3pm today and I’m SO looking forward to an extra-long weekend. For the first time ever, we’re actually staying in town and I’m a little torn about it. Since we always used the long weekend as an excuse to get out of dodge, part of me feels like we’re “wasting” a good opportunity to go somewhere for a few days. But the other part of me, the part that is sill a bit exhausted from all the driving we did a month ago, is excited to just stay home and maybe squeeze in some last-minute pool time.
2. But what I really want to do? Is get started decorating for fall and planning our Halloween party. Gotta love Pinterest for keeping me inspired!
3. Speaking of fall, my favorite fall decoration are mums. I love them. And in these cute pumpkin “pots”? I must do this.
4. I finished my first book in at least a year – Gone Girl – and I finished it in less than a month! Woo hoo! The book itself is pretty entertaining. But now I’ve already moved on to my next book, the new J.K. Rowling/Robert Gailbraith book, The Cuckoo’s Calling. Anyone else read it already? Is it good?
5. I can’t believe I’m even putting this on here, but dare I say it, I’m excited for college football season! I used to despise football, and most of the time, I still take the opportunity to get stuff done around the house while the hubs watches his beloved Michigan Wolverines. But there’s just something about the SEASON of football that I just really get into. Maybe it’s the food. The chips and dip, the smell of a warm pot of chili on the stove, an ice cold beer or warm apple cider in hand. Yeah…it’s definitely the food. And after seeing my first game when I was pregnant with D, I have to admit, I’m hooked and can’t wait to go to another game some day. GO BLUE!