1. This week was my first full week back in the office without any doctor’s appointments or offsite meetings and let me tell you, it’s been a LOOOOONG week. Every day has felt like Groundhog Day. Get up, shower, make breakfast, pack my lunch, go to work, eat lunch at my desk (part diet, part budgeting reasons), work some more, go home, play with D and catch up with the husband, cook dinner, eat dinner, give D a bath and do his bedtime routine, clean up after dinner, and crash on the couch for about an hour before heading to bed. It’s a never-ending cycle and I go to bed each night feeling like we merely survived the day. I guess that’s just life, right?
2. Coconut Oil. A few weeks ago I asked Twitter for help in combating dry skin and several people recommended coconut oil. I ordered some online and I’ve been using it fairly regularly for the last few weeks and I must say, Twitter is a smart group of people. I’m hooked on the stuff! It probably helps that coconut is one of my favorite scents, so I don’t mind lathering myself up with it. I can’t say it’s really helped D’s eczema since we still have to use Aquaphor for that, but for me, I’m ready to toss all of my lotions.
3. I’m looking forward to my three-day weekend. It’ll be a busy one, but I’m looking forward to spending time with my boys. After spending close to 3 weeks with them, I got pretty spoiled. Now that I only get to see D for about 2.5 hours a night again, I’m missing my family time.
4. Call me crazy but I’ve already started thinking about D’s 2nd birthday party. Initially, I had zero intentions of having another party, but the husband’s family may be coming to see the new baby in May, so the timing would work out perfectly to celebrate D’s second birthday while everyone is in town.
5. 2014 has not gotten off to a great start for a lot of folks I know, and we’re only half way through January. Dear rest of January through December – Please be kind.